600-800 words, APA style format
Select 1 of the following disorders:
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Conduct disorder
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Kleptomania or pyromania
Provide the following details about the disorder:
- What are some of the symptoms?
- What would this disorder look like in person? Make sure you relate this back to the DSM criteria.
- Based on your research, do you think the media has portrayed the disorder you selected in an unbiased manner, or is it sensationalized?
In the DSM-IV; Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Kleptomania, and Pyromania were spread out over a few chapters.
- Why do you think the DSM-5 has placed Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder, Antisocial Personality Disorder, Kleptomania, and Pyromania into a chapter called Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders? Support your answer with research.
You may also research the psychological disorders, by reviewing an electronic version of the DSM-5 in CTU’s library. For more information on acc
Define and discuss normal and abnormal behavior within the psychoanalytical, medical (biological), behavioral, cognitive, socio-cultural, and humanistic perspectives.
Discuss the implications of labeling behaviors as normal or abnormal.
Explore the implications of the many historical and contemporary approaches to addressing abnormal behavior.
Identify mental disorders and prevailing views of those disorders.
Understand the impacts of abnormal behavior in the workplace and the importance of assessing when to involve outside expertise.