read the instructions carefully and develop an annotated bibliography based on the scenarios and instructions. should be a total of around 1500 words.If you have questions feel free to ask.
Research Problem Example:
Post-traumatic stress disorder affects approximately eight million Americans in a given year and is especially prevalent in war veterans as a result of combat and deployment trauma, chronic threat, and repeated trauma exposures. Additionally, war veterans despite being at a higher risk for PTSD than the general population face unique barriers to accessing treatment for symptoms including depression, paranoia, flashbacks, nightmares, anger, withdrawal, and insomnia. While advancements in research have been made over the past few decades in understanding and treating PTSD, there still remain multiple unsolved issues such as significant gaps in knowledge and determining what the most effective forms of treatment are.
Annotated Bibliography Assignment
This is an extension of your previous AB assignment. Use feedback on previous assignment to assist with completion of this one.
Assignment overview: Create an annotated bibliography of scholarly resources which answer your research problem developed in week five. You will be using these same resources to create your class presentation so make sure they are relevant to your topic.
Purpose: An annotated bibliography is an organizing tool that is helpful when working on a research project. An effective annotated bibliography is used to compile research sources in one location and provide the researcher with quick access to the information contained in each source.
Audience: This assignment should be directed at your scholarly peers, and you may assume that they have only a casual familiarity with your topic or issue.
Content/Subject: Your annotated bibliography will consist of the sources that you have deemed relevant to your topic and research problem. While you may encounter sources that are not relevant or do not fit the scope of your project while researching, for the purposes of this assignment, you will only include the ones that you find useful and relevant.
- Cite the source in proper APA format. The citations should be organized in alphabetical order by author name just as in an APA References page.
- Follow with a brief annotation that summarizes the source (approx. 3-5 sentences). You may not quote from the source with proper citation. Instead you may paraphrase from the source with proper in-text citation.
- Include 1 sentence about your evaluation of this source. For example, located in a scholarly journal or written by a pioneer in the field of education.
- In 1 or 2 sentences, explain the sourceâ€™s relevance and importance to your issue.
Constraints: The annotated bibliography is a fairly rigid genre. Your citations must adhere to APA format. This will be one of the central components of the grade for this assignment. Failure to follow APA format exactly will harm your grade.
The annotations for each source should follow an academic style. This means that you must construct, with an elevated and sophisticated language, correct grammatical sentences that effectively summarize what each source has to say.
Specific guidelines to follow when completing this assignment are:
- 10 – 12 sources of various types (books, eBooks, scholarly articles, and websites).
- Your bibliography must include at least 4 books(eBooks), 4 scholarly journal articles, and 2 education or government websites.
- Adherence to APA format for all citations.
- Sources in alphabetical order according to author.
- Thoughtful and complete annotations of 100-150 words.
- Correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- 12 pt. Times New Roman font will be used.
- Entire assignment will be double-spaced.