Please do 2 pages plus tile and references age for the 2nd word document which is the case study and do another word document of the discussions. Please put before each answer the question itself for the discussions. and do a references page for that too. So I need 2 word documents. Thank you in advance
Discussions Business Strategy Word Document 1
1. Consider different functional aspects of a business such as sales, marketing, finance, production, human resources, and accounting. Which of these do you think play a significant role in the strategic planning process? Which of these do think are less significant for strategic planning purposes? (Note: Do NOT simply define or describe the listed business activities. The question is asking you to explain how each does (or does not) contribute to strategic planning activities.)
2. Consider a corporation and the roles of the Board of Directors and the top-level executives (â€œChiefâ€ officers such as CEO, COO, CFO, etc.). How do their roles differ in terms of strategic planning? Who is responsible for setting long-term objectives? Who is responsible for achieving long-term objectives?
3. In what ways to you believe the strategic planning process of non-profit and not-for-profit organizations would differ from that of for-profit organizations? Give an example of a non-profit or not-for-profit organization that you think could also successfully operate as a for-profit business, and explain why. Give also an example of a non-profit or not-for-profit organization that you think could NOT successfully operate as a for-profit business, and explain why.
4. What is an agent? How do agency problems occur? Give a business example and explain how agency problems can be avoided (or remedied if they have already developed). (Hint: Consider whose interests the agent is duty-bound to pursue, and what might occur if that duty is not obeyed).
1. Define the term corporate social responsibility. Find an example from recent news events of a company action that was legal but not socially responsible in your opinion. Defend your example on the basis of your definition.
2. Choose three (3) stakeholders from Exhibit 3.1 and explain their respective roles in corporate social responsibility. Which of the four types of social responsibilities do you think is most important for each of the stakeholders that you chose?
3. Consider the Five Successful Collaborative Social Initiatives in Exhibit 3.16. Choose one company and explain in your own words how the company was successful in helping to bring about both societal change and corporate growth. Use data from Exhibit 3.16 to support your claims.
4. Refer to the Nike, Inc. Code of Conduct in Exhibit 3.18. To whom does the Code apply? If contract factories pose such problems for Nike, why use them? In other words: Why doesnâ€™t Nike own and operate its own factories using Nike employees for the necessary labor?
Case Study Word document 2
2. Read case study as assigned by the instructor. See instructions on class moodle.
3. Prepare a two (2) page paper on the assigned case study (page limit does not include title and reference pages). Your paper must be in APA format and include three (3) reference sources Again, the page limit does not include title and reference pages.
4. Submit essay response as detailed on class moodle.
CASE 1: Facebook vs. Twitter: The Coming Facebook-Twitter Collision
Facebook, the popular social media site, has 150 million users. Most people who follow Facebook believe that it competes with MySpace for the youth market and with LinkedIn for the adult market. The writer of this article argues that while all three â€“ Facebook, MySpace, and LinkedIn â€“ aim to connect people, Facebookâ€™s real competition is the microblogging site, Twitter. Both Twitter, with its 6 million users, and Facebook have some features in common and yet are different. They seem to be embarked on a collision course.
- The impact of a changing competitive environment on business strategy (Chapter 4: External Environment)
- The importance of strategic leadership (Chapter 12: Leadership and Culture)
Chapter 1: Strategic Management, Chapter 2: Company Mission, Chapter 4: External Environment, Chapter 6: Internal Analysis, and Chapter 8: Business Strategy
QUESTIONS FOR ANALYSIS
- Why does the author feel that Facebookâ€™s real competition is Twitter and not MySpace or LinkedIn?
- What are the similarities and differences between Facebook and Twitter?
- How is Twitter reacting to the threat of Facebook?
- Why should Google be worried about Facebook and Twitter?