Project Topic – Intellectual disabled patients and autonomy in issues of decision making on their healthcare
· My Position/Argument – Intellectual disabled patients should not be given total autonomy in decision making on their health care matters.
· Counter-argument – The strongest ethical positional an opponent would take against my position is that autonomy is central ethical value in western medicine.
Sample thesis statement
2. Ethical issue – main portion of project:
– Present information that support your thesis with source
– Present opposing viewpoint —– with potential source
Varelius J. (2006). The value of autonomy in medical ethics. Medicine, health care and philosophy, 9930, 377-388. https://www.ncbi.nlm.gov/pmc/articles/pmid/20735502
Moore. K.L. (2020). Disabled autonomy. Journal of Health Care Law & Policy, 22,245-279.