Think about the number of social groups or categories to which you belong. Following are some broad categories to consider as part of your social identity:
- Race or ethnicity.
- Religion, spirituality, or personal belief system.
- Ability or disability.
- Sex or gender roles.
- Sexual orientation.
- Social class.
- Physical attributes.
Complete the My Social Identity Questionnaire and ask a person from a different cultural background to take the questionnaire.
After considering the responses carefully, write a short analysis (2–3 pages of content plus title, abstract, and reference pages) organized as follows:
- Title page.
- Description of how your responses to the social identity questionnaire were similar and different.
- Possible explanations for these similarities and differences.
- Application of concepts from the course readings and/or other scholarly material to further analyze both of your responses.
- Reflections about what you need to learn, think about, and/or do differently to increase your cultural competence.
- Summary and Conclusion.
- Include at least 2 scholarly resources.
- Follow current APA style and formatting guidelines throughout; an APA paper template is located in Resources.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.