i need just 600 words for the document and you should also attach an excel with the calculations
You have to take into consideration the growth of 10 and 5% !!
Maryland Home and Community-Based Services (MHCBS) is considering a major expansion that will enable it to attract a different clientele to its organization. Currently, they serve only 34% of the frail elderly seniors and persons with disabilities in the local area. The new chief CEO would like the organization to expand its revenue stream by investing in a senior multipurpose center serving healthy seniors by offering them arts and crafts and health and wellness programs. The center will also contain an Internet cafÃ© offering nutritious breakfast and lunch options.
The CEO has commissioned a needs assessment, and the studyâ€™s results reveal that there are approximately 120 seniors in the local community who are interested in this center and the CEO expects growth of the aging population to be at least 10% each year. Cost growth across all areas of expense is expected to rise by 5% each year. The CEO has presented her proposal and financial information to the Board of Directors, and they have advised her that they are in full support of her strategy only if the program is a benefit to the community and if the organization can recoup its investment in five years. The CEO has asked you if this can be achieved. Based on the information presented in the scenario, calculate the three analyses and explain, in a brief memorandum to the CEO, their implications.
The proposed costs to operate this new facility are as follows:
Expected Monthly Revenue (Membership Fee): $125 per person
Monthly Fixed Costs
- Utilities: $590
- Health/Wellness Staff: $2,500
- Arts/Crafts Staff: $2,000
- Supplies: $800
- Fitness Equipment Maintenance Contract: $200
- Monthly Lunch Cost: $25
- Monthly Breakfast Cost: $15
Based on the information above, once the minimum threshold of participants is reached, the initial investment to establish the center is $317,880. The organization anticipates that it will generate $46,920of net revenues in the first year, $68,166 in the second year, $93,404in the third year, $123,287in the fourth year, and $158,573in the fifth year.
- Perform the break-even analysis to determine how many seniors would need to have full monthly membership and pay for breakfast and lunch for UMUC Home and Community-Based Services to cover its monthly expenses.
- Calculate the payback period to determine how long it will take for the organization to recover its initial investment of establishing the senior multipurpose center.
- Calculate the contribution Margin and give its interpretation
- calculation should be on an excel spreadsheet and a memo on a word document. Don’t forget that CEO expects growth of the aging population to be at least 10% each year. Cost growth across all areas of expense is expected to rise by 5% each year
Kindly put all formulas on and calculations on an excel spread sheet and write the memo on a separate word document. Please take into consideration that CEO expects growth of the aging population to be at least 10% each year. Cost growth across all areas of expense is expected to rise by 5% each year