- Which statement below about poor experiences and dissatisfaction with an e-commerce site is false?
Walmart saw a sharp decline in conversion rate when its website load time increased from 1 second to 4 seconds.
Amazon.com discovered that for every 100-millisecond decline in site load time, online revenue declined 1 percent.
Of consumers who were dissatisfied with an e-commerce site’s performance, 40 percent were unlikely to ever visit the site again.
Research by Torbit found that as load time increased, the bounce rate declined.
- Bandwidth used by countries around the world has now been standardized allowing for easier global e-commerce activities.
- In order to avoid litigation, marketers involved in real-time marketing must:
have all messages approved by the brand’s legal team prior to a live event.
develop upfront strategic planning prior to the assembling of war rooms during a live event.
develop only viral marketing messages that are initiated by a consumer or fan posting on social media.
develop policies and rules prior to live events that govern real-time marketing messages.
- Social listening can be an excellent source of ideas for branded content pages.
- Adam goes to Subway almost weekly and often makes comments on Twitter about his visits. Adam’s patronage of Subway illustrates the brand advocate characteristic of:
member of multiple social networking sites.
quality communication skills.
emotional connection to the brand.
- Using real-time location data to deliver advertising messages based on a person’s proximity to a retailer’s location is:
geo-targeting by DMA.
- For a viral marketing campaign to work, individuals must be offered financial incentives to pass the message along to other consumers.
- Social media can improve search rankings on search engines in the following ways except having:
brand pages on multiple social media networks.
the name of the brand mentioned frequently in social media.
comments made by individuals about a brand fit closely to search terms.
content about the brand closely fit search terms.
- While social listening is important because it gives brands an idea of what people think, brands must be careful, however, because consumers are hesitant about speaking how they really feel on social media networks.
- In stealth marketing programs, brand ambassadors show and talk about a product to others:
without disclosing their true relationship with the brand.
after revealing their relationship with the brand.
only when they are asked by other individuals.
and only disclose their relationship with the brand when asked.
- In-game brand placement in video games has all of the advantages of product placement and branded entertainment. In addition, it has the added benefit of:
reaching young males.
- While e-commerce can increase international orders, many are turned away primarily because the company:
does not understand the culture.
does not have a process in place to fill the order.
is focused on domestic business.
does not have an established global brand name.
- The success of Oreos during the 2013 Super Bowl game led to:
viral marketing campaigns created prior to live events, but launched during live events.
the creation of interactive blogs that engage fans of a sporting event.
the creation of war rooms during live events to create and execute instant marketing messages.
content seeding strategies employed just prior to and during live sporting events.
- The primary disadvantage of a company deleting negative comments on its branded blog is it:
stimulates individual blogs designed to destroy the brand.
usually results in a large number of negative comments on social media networks.
destroys the blog’s credibility with consumers.
encourages more negative comments by consumers.
- Interactive marketing is the development of marketing programs that create interplay between consumers and businesses rather than simply sending messages to potential customers.
- Effective mobile marketing involves understanding the social and shopping nature of mobile phone users.
- A brand or product recommendation from one person to another carries a higher level of credibility than does an advertisement or a paid spokesperson.
- Companies normally select brand ambassadors for buzz marketing programs based on:
their knowledge and experience with the brand.
the age, income, and gender matching the brand’s target market.
devotion to the brand and the size of their social circles, families, reference groups, and work associates.
the level of acceptance of new products and new technologies.
- In listening to social chatter, brands should consider only the positive comments.
- Point-of-purchase displays are highly effective for:
brand parity situations.
- Each of the following is a reason to use guerilla marketing except to:
reach consumers that cannot be reached with traditional advertising.
build relationships with consumers.
interact with consumers.
- A local newspaper reporter is an opinion leader when it comes to recognizing the best bar-b-que in town. The reporter could be included in which type of program?
Brand loyalty marketing
- In terms of the evolution of the internet, Web 3.0:
created online communities that connected buyers and sellers.
featured brand engagement, social media, and customer-generated reviews.
generated instant communication that helped improve customer service.
created static content that included customer involvement.
- Influencer marketing involves an individual marketing a brand through social media.
- Which method of location-based advertising often couples third-party demographic data or transactional data with geo-location around a specific retail outlet?
Geo-targeting by DMA
- Guerrilla marketing emphasizes consumers passing along information about a product to other consumers.
- The use of branded entertainment increased sharply with the:
increased interest in specialty shows such as Extreme Makeover and Top Chef.
introduction of cable TV and the ability to target audiences through specialty shows.
popularity of the American Idol shows and fan voting.
rise of reality television shows where there is a lack of script and the focus is on the real world.
- Approximately 70 percent of Pinterest users are male.
- According to consumers, ceiling banners and overhead mobiles are the most engaging forms of in-store advertising.
- While social media marketing can increase sales and build brand loyalty, the primary objective for social media marketing should be to engage fans with the brand.