This is my assignment
Context Analysis: This is the analysis of the Web site. Examine the authors, dates, references, layout, etc. Look at the Web site address and domain. It will help you identify the strengths and weaknesses. Check if the Web site is an .edu or a .com. An .edu Web site is a top-level domain for education, and as of 2001, registrants to the .edu domain are required to be United States affiliated institutions of higher education. In contrast, a .com Web site is a top-level domain for commerce.
- Content Analysis: This is the analysis of the information on the Web site. Examine the bibliography, structure of argument, and frequent fallacies (i.e., appeal to ignorance, appeal to emotions, etc.). Look at the material to determine what is really being discussed. Use your critical reading skills here to analyze the quality of a Web site based on its structure, tone, and references.
Review the following list of Web sites, and identify which of them are legitimate and which are not. Complete the following tasks:
- Select one Web site from the following list:
- Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division. (2012, September 7).http://www.dhmo.org/
- Sims, P. (2009, July 4). Blind man sees wife for first time after having a TOOTH implanted into his eye. Mail Online. Retrieved fromhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1197256/Blind-man-sees-wife-time-having-TOOTH-implanted-eye.html
- Slobogin, K. (2002, June 15). Liberated seahorse dads carry the babies.CNN.com. Retrieved fromhttp://edition.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/parenting/06/14/seahorse.dads/index.html
- Evaluate both the context and the content of the selected Web site.
Based on your analysis respond to the following:
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the argument presented in the Web site?
- What is the argument all about?
Write your initial response in about 100150 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Quote or paraphrase at least two outside sources in your answer