Directions: Answers must rely on the uploaded textbook ( Levinthal, C. (2012). Drugs, society, and criminal justice (3rd ed.). Boston: Prentice Hall: Pearson Education.) as a source and at least 3 other outside scholarly/academic sources(4 total sources between all 5 questions) to support ideas and a minimum of 325 words per question. Must use proper grammar, mechanics and spelling in your response, you have to make use of proper in-text citations and an end-reference â€œ NO Plagiarismâ€ . All Sources besides the textbook provided, must have a direct link to it and APA format and must use in work citations.
- Explain the three hypotheses regarding the relationship between drug use and the causes of drug-related crime.
- Define the three major types of drug related violence in the Goldstein tripartite model of drugs and violence (The Drug-Violence Connection).
- Explain the four stages of production and distribution of the illicit drug business.
- Using your text and the internet, research Pablo Escobar (The Columbian King of Cocaine) and give a biography of him. Include how he rose to power and how his reign ended.
- Define the practice of “money laundering” and describe in detail some of the techniques used.