Cross-curricular connections make learning more meaningful for students. When students see the connections between content areas, the lesson becomes more relevant. Applying knowledge to more than one content area allows students to expand their understanding.
Allocate at least 3 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Share your lesson from the â€œDeveloping Cross-Curricular Instructionâ€ assignment from Topic 3 with your mentor teacher and given permission, present the cross-curricular lesson to the group of 3-5 students previously identified. After the conclusion of your lesson, obtain feedback from your mentor teacher on how the lesson went.
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect on the cross-curricular lesson teaching experience.
Address the following in your reflection:
- What specific strategies did you use to motivate and engage students in their learning?
- How do you feel you monitored and adjusted throughout the lesson to meet the needs of the students?
- What went well with the lesson and the collaboration process and what could you have done differently?
- What value did technology bring to your instruction?
- Describe the feedback you received and how it will guide your future professional practice.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writingâ€¯is expected.