For This Assignment
Based on the project and topic you chose in Week 1 and the Charter you developed in Week 2, develop a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for the course-long project you will be working on for the remainder of this course.
Here are the elements expected in your WBS:
- Use a code by column approach (1, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, etc.)
- Deliverable name(s)
- Color-coded deliverables based on level
- Table borders
Your WBS should follow the format used in the. Your WBS must have a minimum of 60 level-3 deliverables (i.e. 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, etc.). Between 80 and 90 deliverables is our target and therefore ideal, while greater than 100 should be avoided for this assignment and your project.
Remember, each level 2 or 3 deliverable must be:
- Measurable: can it be measured and tracked?
- Assignable: can it be assigned to one or more people to perform?
- Work independent: is it separable enough to avoid confusion, accountability, and measurement?
- Remember to include a closeout with evaluation.
- Use the 100% rule and how the amount of each work at each “child” task adds up to 100% of the work at the “parent level.” Refer to this week’s discussion (the bicycle example) for a good visual.
- Remember the 8/80 rule (p.106 in your book)
- This WBS should include all of your deliverables and phases needed to complete the project in the proper sequence.