For this week’s discussion, please respond to the following:
- Develop an elevator pitch for your NAB business using the tips provided below. Use quotation marks for the elevator speech. Explain the rationale for its components.
Watch the following Lynda.com videos from the video series Giving Your Elevator Pitch with Todd Dewett (use your student login for Lynda.com if prompted):
- Benefits to an Elevator Pitch (2:01)
- Making an Initial Connection (2:43)
- Structuring your Pitch (3:57)
Review this article (includes example) about the 3 steps to include in your elevator pitch.
Please consider the following as your prepare your speech:
- The tone of your speech should be upbeat and confident, but not arrogant
- Make sure you use positive and compelling words
- The speech should be short in duration (about 30 seconds)
While the elevator pitch is a tool known to be used in business, to pitch ideas and products or services, you can also use them when introducing your organization to potential customers or clients, when you are interviewing for a job or explaining people what you do. Same principles will apply.
For this discussion, we are pitching our business. Such a fun exercise!
Be sure to review the resources provided in the discussion requirements and follow the example provided in the pdf article.