An annotated bibliography begins the preliminary research process. The document will serve as an ongoing list of sources that will support your Final Research Paper. Each of the sources should be cited in APA format (for help, click on APA Formatting Instructions for Microsoft Word) and should include a two-paragraph summary, or annotation, of the resource contents and how you intend to use the information within your paper. Be sure to utilize the information from this weekâ€™s Argument and Thesis Workshop discussion, and refer to â€œResearch Paper Guidelinesâ€ for additional support. Before beginning, please review the Model Annotated Bibliography.
To fulfill the research component of this assignment, you must:
- Conduct several searches using any of the databases in the Ashford University Library.
- Select at least five scholarly peer-reviewed sources from your library search that support the topics and arguments you plan to present in your Final Research Paper.
To fulfill the written component of this assignment, you must:
- Include a title page that is formatted in proper APA style.
- List APA-style references in alphabetical order along with your unique paragraph summaries.
- Annotation paragraphs must be original and cannot be copied from abstracts or other summaries. Copied-and-pasted annotations may receive a zero grade.
- Format your assignment according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your annotated bibliography should be double-spaced with one-inch margins and use 12-point Times New Roman font.
Your annotations should contain
- A complete summary, in your own words, of the information presented in the article.
- Your analysis of the best use of this information in your paper, written in your own words.
- Identification of a possible topic sentence and/or claim the information will support.
The bibliography must be 500 to 700 words in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Submission Information: Complete the tasks above and save the document as a Microsoft Word or compatible .doc or .docx file. Submit your assignment via the Assignment Submission button. Please use a naming convention for your assignment files that includes your last name and the week number. So, your Annotated Bibliography assignment should bear a file name that looks like: smith_w2.docx.