This assignment will assess the following competency:
5. Assess the need for ethical conduct and professional responsibility for criminal justice managers
Read the scenario and content prompts below and create a PowerPoint presentation with at least twenty (20) slides. Use Times New Roman font. Design the presentation to be visually captivating yet not aesthetically overwhelming.
The slides are to thoroughly explain what is analyzed; in other words, anyone should be able to view your presentation and understand the material. Again, you will be turning this presenation into a video as you did on LP3.
You are the elected Sheriff for a county that encompasses a major metropolitan area. There has been an unfortunate series, in the past year, of officer-involved shootings and police brutality, allegations of racial profiling, and officers answering questions from the media that are not authorized to do so.
In Learning Plan 3, you provided a presentation to the State Sheriffâ€™s Association Conference (SSAC Spring Conference). You were recently called to provide a follow-up presentation (at the SSAC Winter Conference) on the recurring ethical problems in criminal justice. You have decided upon the following content for the presentation:
- Outline the Seven Recurring Problems in Criminal Justice and provide examples of each.
- Determine which of the Seven Recurring Problems in Criminal Justice apply to each of the four problems that you experience as a Sheriff (officer-involved shootings, police brutality, allegations of racial profiling, and officers answering questions from the media that are not authorized to do so). There could be more than on Recurring Problem for each of the four problems.
- Create a voice narration, during the presentation, discussing the content on the slides.
* Use Microsoft Office’s support page about how to add narration to a presentation.
* Include at least three academic or professional sources to support your work. APA citations need to be included both in-text and in a separate reference page. Email the URL to your Youtube video to your instructor.