Evaluate a weekend activity in a 6 paragraph (approximately 750 word, 3-4 page) essay.
- 3 body paragraphs for your evaluation criteria
=6 paragraphs total
Restaurant: food, service, appearance, price
Movie: plot, acting, special effects, directing
It will consist of two parts:
1. The opposing opinion (If your evaluation is negative, the counter argument would be positive.
2. Your response to the counterargument
Your evaluation should either be positive or negative, and your opinion should be clearly stated in your thesis.
Your essay will be evaluated on how well it meets the requirements of the assignment and on its use of specific details, clear organization, and grammatical accuracy.
- An introduction that has: an attention grabber, background, and ends with a thesis.
- Thesis: Topic + comment model
- Third person. No first person or “I,” or use it rarely.
- Body paragraphs that follow the PIE paragraph model (3 criteria paragraphs)
- 1 counterargument paragraph (last paragraph before the conclusion)
- A minimum of 6 paragraphs total
- A minimum of 4 quote sandwiches total (paraphrases do not count; must be direct quotes with citations).
- 2 outside sources
- Strong sentences that are both grammatically correct and sophisticated
- Follow Visual Formatting for Essays
- Use proper MLA in-text citations and Works Cited entries.
- All drafts must be typed and double-spaced.
- Size 12 Times New Roman/Arial/Palatino Font
- Have the proper MLA header in the left corner (see the syllabus for the MLA header). Incomplete headers will receive grade deductions.
- Last name and page number on every page. Add these in with the “insert page number” function.
- No extra spaces between paragraphs
- Indent paragraphs
- A title that is not GENERIC