Final Exam – MGM483 (International Marketing)
DUE DECEMBER 18TH @ 5PM
Page Limit – Maximum 2 Pages
(Single-Spaced, Times New Roman, 12 Point Font, 1 Inch Margins)
Please justify your answers utilizing:
(a) facts from the case.
(b) your knowledge/understanding of International Marketing (based on the posted material that you have read/viewed over the course of the semester).
Please answer the following questions
1. Did China and Mexico each do a good job of adapting the launch to meet local consumer needs? What is the likely profit impact of each plan? Which of the proposed adaptations were “must haves” versus “nice to haves”?
2. From a global CMF perspective, what is the short- and long-term impact of the complexity born out of these local adaptations? Is this added complexity good or bad for the global CMF business?
3. What guidelines could Burton propose going forward to optimize new product introductions for CP worldwide, for the regions, and for the country subsidiaries?
United Cereal Case
1. Should she authorize the launch in France?
2. Should Healthy Berry Crunch become UC’s first Eurobrand? If so, what kind of organization did she need to put in place to ensure its effective implementation?
1. With more than 10 years of experience and some real international success, Haberland was ready to enter one or more of these emerging markets, but where should GENICON go next?
2. Was it possible that none of these four emerging markets were right for GENICON?
3. Should it skip these four for now and focus on growing its business in its existing international markets, or large, wealthy countries, such as Germany, that were adjacent to one of its existing markets?
Louis Vuitton Case
1. In a gloomy economic climate, the market was tending towards saturation, sales were declining, and competition was fiercer than ever. How could Louis Vuitton reinvent itself and regain what used to be its well-attested fame in Japan?