Task Type: Individual Project Deliverable Length: PowerPoint presentation, minimum of 10 slides, not including reference slide(s). Include speaker not
Points Possible: 150 Due Date: 9/9/2013 11:59:59 PM CT [removed]
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Your role is to create a training presentation for 2-3 of the tasks in the list below that could be used in Kyosha Valley’s Medical Facilities training. Think outside the box and how effective your training would be to someone that is new to the facility.
Step 1: Choose 2–3 tasks from the following list:
- Give a grammar refresher including use of tense, pronoun shifts, run on sentences, capitalization, and commonly confused words.
- Describe effective writing techniques, including addressing the appropriate audience and the writing process.
- Discuss commonly used terminology in the use of computers in the office and why it is important to know the parts and proper terminology.
- Discuss e-mail etiquette.
- Discuss appointment scheduling highlights.
- Explain why insurance verification is accomplished, and when.
- Explain what accounts payable are and give samples of items listed in an accounts payable record for the organization.
- Explain what accounts receivable are and give samples of incoming funding that might be listed in the accounts receivable records for the organization.
- Discuss medical terminology. What are prefixes, suffixes, and root words, and how are they used?
- List a set of brief descriptions of the body systems.
- Discuss abbreviations commonly used in the medical office.
- Discuss the importance of keeping all supplies stocked. This can include pencils and gloves and toner for the copier.
Step2: After choosing your topics, create a PowerPoint slide for each topic you chose that includes the following:
- PowerPoint slides should have no more than 4–6 bulleted points on each slide.
- Each slide should have speaker notes that describe in detail what the speaker would explain regarding each slide.
- Remember that the audience is composed of the staff at all levels of each of the locations.
- This should be a brief and engaging overview of each topic area.