Create a 10- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that discusses the following: Identify a legislative initiative relating to psychology. Identify the population and the effect of the initiative. Develop a position and promote it to the legislators. Include at least five key talking points. Your legislative initiative is a social issue related to psychology in some way. An issue that you’d like to get help with from your city, state, or national leaders. Example: “Bullying in Schools” – your initiative would detail the psychological problems related to bullying in schools, you’d present evidence as to why this is an important issue and what you recommend be done about it. How will you persuade your leaders to adopt your proposal?
Format any citations in your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.
Assignment 1: LASA II—American Positive Psychology Association Proposal
This year, the American Positive Psychology Association’s (APPA) annual conference is being conducted in your area, and you are interested in making a presentation. Review the flier below.
Using the module readings, Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research the positive psychology model. Then, based on your research, do the following:
- Select one of the featured elements of the positive psychology model on which you will prepare an application for the APPA Conference call for proposals as stated in the flier.
- Develop a PowerPoint presentation as part of your application. Cover the following points in your presentation:
- Discuss the foundational information for positive psychology and the featured element or concept of positive psychology on which you have chosen to focus.
- Analyze and apply current research to support the efficacy of this element or concept of positive psychology. Provide a minimum of three scholarly references of research conducted within the past five years.
- Argue the benefits of this element or concept in contrast to two different techniques in general psychotherapy such as cognitive restructuring (from cognitive/behavioral theory) or dream analysis (from psychodynamic theory).
- Summarize several significant factors that contribute to a positive outlook based on current research.
- Analyze the potential advantages of this positive outlook and what changes would need to be implemented to impact the mental health field.
- Be sure to include a title slide and a slide with a list of scholarly references.