- Interview a manager or leader within your current or past employment.
- Create a questionnaire of no less than 10 questions that focuses on the following:
- Techniques used to manage and lead their employees
- Where their managing and leadership skills were learned
- Strategies used to motivate their employees
- Advice for becoming an effective leader or manager
- Write a paper of approximately 750 words on the following insights from your interview:
- Importance and impact of good leadership and management skills
- Key strategies used to lead and manage various types of employees
- The application of the insights learned within the following environments:
- Field of study (BA in Business)
- Current employment (Administrative Assistant)
References (APA format)
Day, J. D., & Wendler, J. C. (1998). The new economics of organization.Mckinsey Quarterly, (1), 4-18.
Drucker, P. F. (1999). Knowledge-Worker Productivity: THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE. California Management Review, 41(2), 79-94.
Goffee, R., & Jones, G. (2000). Why Should Anyone Be Led by You? (cover story). Harvard Business Review, 78(5), 62-70.
Hammer, M., Leonard, D., & Davenport, T. (2004). Why don’t we know more about knowledge? MIT Sloan Management Review, 45(4), 14-18. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/224962748?accountid=35812