Checkpoint Instructions New System Proposal (Preparation for Week 4 Checkpoint)
Propose a new system for Riordan to use to improve its business.
Develop a MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® slide presentation of the project, due in Week 9. The presentation must include the following:
- A full description of the new system, a description of its components, and the benefit it will provide to Riordan
- A discussion of the business requirements driving the need for the system
- A discussion of the information used in the system
- A discussion of any information security and ethical concerns with the system
- A diagram of the information flow and any elements controlling proper access to the information it uses
- A description of any proposed business process changes for the system, along with flow diagrams
- A specific discussion on any Internet and mobile access components of the system
- A description of how specific business requirement would drive the project’s creation and use
- A high-level discussion of how the system will be acquired and maintained
- A discussion of the strategic role the system will play in the company
- An executive summary of the project, succinctly summarizing the rest of the material in the paper
- Four to six references
Begin working on the proposal for the new system.
Identify a specific system that would help improve Riordan’s business.
Begin defining the system’s business requirements.
Format your paper and presentation consistent with APA guidelines.
Note: Riordan Manufacturing is one of the Virtual Organizations. Please see the link under Academic Resources or on this entry.