- Demonstrate the ability to retrieve documents through advanced searches, refine search strategies, and explain the strategies you used to refine your search.
- Define, compare, and contrast legal terminology; identify, compare, and contrast statutes of two states; and explain the purpose behind and the importance of the identified statutes.
- Compose your written work using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Demonstrate clear organization and structure of your paper that is easy to follow.
- Use language that is rich, precise, and vivid.
For the Midterm paper you need to engage in independent research using your text, the LexisNexis library, and internet resources to answer the following:
- What is the difference between real property and tangible personal property?
- Differentiate between an ownership and a possessory interest in real estate.
- Describe and give examples of the following:
tenancy for a term of years
fixed term lease
- What are the Major Features of a Fixed Term Tenancy/Tenancy for Years?
- What Happens When the Fixed Term Tenancy/Tenancy for Years Expires?
- What is a periodic tenancy?
- What is a tenancy at will?
- Compare and contrast joint tenancy and tenancy in common.
Write a minimum of two (2) pages comparing and contrasting the tenant rights and duties of two states; one state should be your home state and the other is a state of your choosing.
Identify which state is your home state and answer the following questions:
- Which state provides greater tenant rights and protections?
- In what areas of the law are the tenants provided greater rights and protections?
- Which state requires greater duties of the tenant?
- In what areas of the law are greater duties required of thetenant?