This assignment requires you to write a response to the following questions based on the following article and your personal experience with news coverage of COVID-19:
- Consider the news coverage of COVID-19 in current city and state. In your opinion, would you view the news coverage of COVID-19 in your city and state as being positive or negative. What, if anything, would you change about the news coverage concerning this pandemic in your current city and state; this could include the content, videography, digital photography packages, etc. In your explanation, be sure to identify your current city and state and the climate of news there.
- Consider the news coverage of COVID-19 at the national level (e.g., CNN, Fox News, New York Times, etc.). In your opinion, would you view the coverage of news about the pandemic at the national level as being positive or negative. What, if anything, would you change about the news coverage concerning this pandemic at the national level; this could include the content, videography, digital photography packages, etc. In your explanation, be sure to identify the national news organizations that you have relied on for recent news about COVID-19.
- What news sources do you frequent for updates about COVID-19? Why are you relying on these sources for your news and not other news sources? How did you learn about the pandemic? Provide an explanation in 2- 5 sentences.
- What influence has social media coverage of COVID-19 had on consumers of news? Why are some consumers of news relying on social media to get news about the pandemic?
- What are your thoughts about the news coverage of COVID-19 and misinformation? Have you experienced false and inaccurate or misinformation about the pandemic? Based on the findings in the article, explain at least one problem that has surfaced as a result of misinformation about the pandemic?
There are five questions that you should provide a response. For questions 1, 2, 4 and 5, you should include a 100 – 250 word response. As indicated on Question 3, you can respond within two to five sentences. First and third person can be used in this assignment.
Here are the additional technical specifications:
- Type using Microsoft Word and save document as a word.doc (save as initial of first name and lastname.doc) – Example: ATabb.doc
- Font size: 11 pt. or 12 pt.
- Single-spaced, no more than four sentences per paragraph, 1 spacing line to separate paragraphs
- Font options: Times New Roman, Times, Arial, Helvetica or Georgia
- Perform a grammar, spelling and punctuation check
- Follow the here