Week 4 Assignment: Revised Persuasive Essay
In week three, you composed a plan for your persuasive essay. Remember the instructions from week three: This assignment is based on research. It is not simply an expression of your opinion. A persuasive essay requires you to investigate a topic by conducting research, evaluating evidence; and establishing a position based on what you have learned. Each claim in your thesis should be supported by reliable evidence. The goal is to persuade a reader to adopt a certain point of view using sound reasoning and solid evidence by stating facts, giving logical reasons, using examples, and quoting experts.
Final Persuasive Essay should be a polished error-free document. It is recommended that you review and complete the revision worksheet before finalize submission.
- The Final essay should include a thesis statement, clear position on chosen topic, acknowledgment of the opposing view, clear purpose and direction, and effective conclusion.
- Revised essay should be error free and consistent in tone, point of view and verb tense.
- Three reliable sources are required to support your position.
- Reliable sources include Keiser Library, Google scholar, and others approved by your instructor.
- See Revision Worksheet and Rubric for guidance and assessment of you work.
or you may choose a topic relevant to your career or studies
- IMMIGRATION: Should the U.S. offer a path to citizenship/legal residency for illegal immigrants?
- MINIMUM WAGE: Should the minimum wage be raised from its current $7.25 per hour?
- ENVIRONMENT: Should the US support initiatives that restrict carbon emissions (or carbon pollution)?
- 1000 words (minimum) persuasive essay
- Minimum of three sources with in-text citations
- Microsoft word document in APA format including title page, reference page.
- Submission to OWL is recommended
- HOW TO FORMAT YOUR PAPER
Please review attached document for the proper format for your papers.
Please note the following:
- All papers must be Microsoft Word documents.
- The paper has a running head that is the title of your paper in ALL CAPS. It is accompanied by a page number. Use your header function to create this line. Do not type it as text in the actual text area for your writing. (See your help function for information on creating headers and section breaks.)
- The paper is double-spaced in Times New Roman, size 12, and has no extra spaces between the paragraphs.
- The paper uses one-inch margins and half-inch indentions for the beginning of paragraphs. You can set this up in Microsoft Word to automatically default to these settings for your paper.
- Paper should include title page, abstract and reference page.
HOW TO SUBMIT THIS ASSIGNMENT
- Title the Word document JonesA_ Persuasive EEssay (change JonesA to your last name and first initial). If you have a title for the essay, center it as a double-spaced half-line just above the text.
- At the top of page click on Week 4: Persuasive Essay
- A new page will open where you can submit your document as an ATTACHMENT.
- Do not paste your essay into the comment box.
- Make sure that you have actually attached the document.