nursing experts help
Assignment 2: Required Assignment 1—The S’No Risk Program
In the mid-eighties, the Toro company launched a promotion in which snow blower purchasers could refund a portion of their purchase if the next winter brought modest snowfalls. The amount of their refund was tied to snowfall amounts and so, the program was prey to certain risks and uncertainties. You will explore those risks and choices from a variety of perspectives.
Review the case study “The Toro Company S’No Risk Program” by David E. Bell (1994) from this module’s assigned readings. Click here to download the Toro Excel worksheet which contains data exhibits from the article; the exhibit titles match the tabs long the bottom of the worksheet. Use this tool to conduct your data analysis for this assignment.
Analyze the risks of the program from the following points of view:
- The insurance company
- The consumers
Write a 6–8-page analysis paper that addresses the following:
- Why did the insurance company raise the rates so much? How would you estimate a fair insurance rate?
- From the perspective of the consumer, how were the paybacks structured and how might they be restructured to entice you at an equal or lower cost of insurance? How does the program influence your decision to purchase?
- What are the common decision traps which each group in point (2) is susceptible to? Develop a matrix or decision tree in order to compare the groups. How does the program impact the consumer’s “regret”? (Hint: Map the possible outcomes for the consumer.)
- From either Toro’s or the insurance company’s perspective, how would you frame your argument to achieve your desired objective?
- Was the program successful? Why or why not?
- If you were Dick Pollick, would you repeat the program? Assume you manage the S’No Risk program and argue your case. To what biases are you susceptible in this case?
Bell, D. E. (1994). The Toro company s’no risk program. Harvard Business School. Case No. 9-185-017.
Assignment 2 Grading CriteriaMaximum Points
Analyze the risks of the program from the point of view of Toro, the insurance company, and consumers.
Explain why the insurance company raises rates so much. Explain how you would estimate a fair insurance rate.
From the perspective of the consumer, explain how the paybacks were structured and how they be might restructured to entice you at an equal or lower cost of insurance. Analyze how the program influences your decision to purchase.
Identify the common decision traps to which each group in point is susceptible. Develop a matrix in order to compare the groups. Analyze how the program impacts the consumer’s “regret.”
Choose either Toro’s or the insurance company’s perspective and discuss how you would frame your argument to achieve your desired objective.
Evaluate the success of the program. Justify your answer.
If you were Dick Pollick, explain whether you would or would not repeat the program. Assume you manage the S’No Risk program and argue your case. Explain to what biases you are susceptible in this case.
Ensure academic writing, such as grammar, spelling, and attribution of sources, is appropriate.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
S’ No Risk Program was first posted on July 25, 2019 at 5:04 pm.
©2019 "nursing Writers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
“Is this question part of your assignment? We will write the assignment for you. click . and get up to 40% Discount”
S’ No Risk Program was first posted on July 25, 2019 at 5:31 pm.
©2019 "nursing experts help". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
nursing experts help