Answer the following questions in 25 to 50 words each, using your texts as references:
- A researcher is interested in studying the
effects of different levels of distraction—none, low, and high—on scores on a
test of visual memory. Participants are randomly assigned to one of three
conditions: no distraction, low distraction, or high distraction. All
participants engage in a test of visual memory. What is the independent
variable? What is the dependent variable?
- Define hypothesis,
and provide an example.
- What is an operational definition of a variable? How might the variable sense of humor be defined operationally?
- What is the difference between correlational
research and experimental research? Why does correlational research not imply
causality between the variables?
- What is validity in counseling research? What is reliability in counseling research? Why are these concepts important?
- What are the different scales of measurement? What is the optimal use for each scale?
Answer the following questions in 175 words
- What are the different relationships between variables—positive, negative, curvilinear, and no relationship?