Discussion: Simulation of Telemedicine
It may come as no surprise that advances in technology have had a dramatic impact on healthcare delivery. Advances in health information technology, such as patient portals; electronic health records (EHRs) or electronic medical records (EMRs); and real-time coordination of patient care, etc., all have greatly contributed to enhancements in healthcare delivery. However, they too presented several challenges to healthcare administration leaders and clinical staff in how to best orient and implement such technology to enhance healthcare delivery.
One such advancement in healthcare technology concerns the use of telemedicine to provide patient care and treatment. While delivery of patient care is usually a direct transaction, interfacing with patients and physicians virtually, or at a distance, could greatly enhance how healthcare services are delivered for certain situations, such as disaster events or in rural locales.
For this Discussion, review the resources for this week. Reflect on the Torabi et al. (2016) article in the resources for this week, and consider the distributions the authors selected for the given simulation.
By Day 3
Post a description of the distributions selected by the authors in the Torabi et al. (2016) article, and then explain whether the distributions selected are appropriate for practice, and why. Explain what was done well in the study, as well as areas of weakness for the considerations described by the authors. Be specific, and provide examples.
By Day 5
Continue the Discussion and respond to your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective, using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Click on the Reply button below to reveal the textbox for entering your message. Then click on the Submit button to post your message.