You have been with Laird Plastics for 4 months and have been prospecting organizations over $500 million in revenue and funding.
You attended a Customer Experience & Technologies Summit in Tokyo, Japan February 2019 and met Mike DiPietro, the Computer Network Architect for Blue Distributors. After pleasantries and getting to know each other a little, Mike suggested you connect with Jay Hilti, the COO at Blue. It has taken you several months of emails and voicemail exchanges with Jayâ€™s admin to set up this appointment. Jay works in Blueâ€™s home office in Atlanta, GA.
Previous Work Experience:
- VP IT, PaperWorks Industries (3 yrs 3mos)
- Dir. Ops, Recycle Div WestRock (1 yr 5 mos)
- IT Project Mgr, WestRock (3 yrs 7 mos)
- Southern New Hampshire U., BS Marketing
- Michigan State U.: EMBA
- Using the information provided in the scenario, provide one way you could build rapport with the prospect.
- For each, provide the topic of the rapport and the question and/or comment you would ask/say in the meeting.