As part of your human resource management course, your teacher asked you to conduct a study covering HRM concepts. This study should show how well you understand the HRM functions and give related examples when needed, also you should give samples of your application of the main HR functions.
Your study should cover the following:
Task 1: Explain the functions and purpose HRM and then evaluate their effect on the organization.
Task 2: Explain the different recruitment and selection processes; evaluate each methodâ€™s strengths and weaknesses. Then critically evaluate these processes by giving your opinion and showing their effect on organizations by supporting your answer with specific examples.
Task 3: Explain the benefits of different HRM practises from both the employee and employer point of view, then critically evaluate by providing your opinion and showing their effect on organizations by supporting your answer with a range of examples on how these practices can raise the profits and productivity of the organization.
Task 4: Analyse the importance of employee relations in affecting decision-making in an organization. Identify the key employment legislation that every organization must comply with. Critically evaluate by providing your opinion and showing their effect on organizations by supporting your answer with related examples on how employee relations management and employment legislation can affect and influence decision-making both positively and negatively.
Aside of your study you were asked to prepare a document portfolio related to a job position of your choice, the portfolio should include an illustration of:
1. The design of a job description and job specification for that position.
2. A CV tailored to apply to that position.
3. An advertisement proposition designed by the student
4. A list of online recruitment platforms that you can publish your advertisement on.
5. Documentation of preparatory notes for interviews, should include a list of questions to be asked during the interview.
6. An evaluation of the process and the rationale for conducting those HR practices.