Discussion: “Succession Plan and Regulations” Please respond to the following:
· Suppose you have graduated from Strayer University with your degree and you have been working in the management field for at least five (5) years. During your five (5) years, you have worked on a variety of projects. Now, you are thinking you are ready to pursue a certification in project management, but you are not sure which one to get. After visiting the PMI certification website, you see several certification options. Select the certification that would most interest you and explain why you chose such a certification.
· After posting your response, respond to at least one (1) of your classmates on their selection and rationale.
· BBelow post from student required responses. Yarsin Scott )
I would select the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. The PMP certification compared to other certifications offered by the Project Management Institute, is truly global. I as a holder would be globally competent and would be versatile with the various project management styles used across the world. The certification will also increase my earning potential and attract job opportunities from reputable employers. I will also be able to cut across any industry and supervise projects ranging from: tourism, engineering, business and other economic projects. I also have met the requisites required for the certification. These include: a four-year degree, experience
and sufficient knowledge in project management.
Discussion 11: “Succession Plan and Regulations” Please respond to the following:
· Develop a succession plan or exit strategy for a business. Within your response, be sure to discuss which elements are essential to this succession plan or exit strategy. Provide support for your response.
· Identify three (3) government regulations that you believe a business will need to comply with. Next, discuss the different ways that a business can get more familiar with these regulations.
Bottom of Form
Below post from student required responses. (Jamie Matthews )Top of Form
Company that are in the United States have to pay federal taxes and also have to pay state taxes but the kinds of taxes you’ll pay depends on how you formed your business. In this regard, not all businesses are treated the same. Sole proprietorships pay taxes differently than, say, S-corporations. You have income tax most businesses file at the end of the year.Estatimated tax ae payed throughtour the year as the company make money.You also have employment taxes adn excuse taxes.
Advertising you have to make sure the claims in your ads are not untruthful or purposely deceptive. Violating these rules can result in fines Comply with labeling laws for consumer products.
The US Small Business Administration regulations include that virtually every small business needs some sort of license or permit from state officials, but requirements and fees vary based on the type of business, where it’s located, and which government rules apply..The EPA Small Business Gateway is a great resource to make sure your business is in compliance with environmental law.the Department of Labor’s FirstStep Employment Law Advisor. This resource helps employers determine which major federal employment laws apply to their business or organization, the record keeping and reporting requirements required, and which on-site posters they need to hang in their office or work site.
Bottom of Form
· 5Bottom of Form
Discussion: Reflection (20 points)
· Reflect on what you have learned in this class. Describe the significant ways in which you can now utilize critical thinking in your personal and professional life.
· Discuss at least two (2) key concepts that you believe were most impactful to you this term, and the manner in which you might use these concepts in the future.
Note: All students are required to post a minimum of two (2) posts per online discussion thread. Students must have one (1) original post and a minimum of one (1) other post per discussion thread.
Below post from student required responses. Geanetta Clark)Top of Form
Critical thinking will continue to help me in the future. Not only will the tools I have learned help me deal with my future classes and the new work that comes with it, but it will also help me work through problems later in life when I open up my own business. I also feel that this class has helped me learn how to better work through problems, which will help me through obstacles.
One concept was communication barriers in terms of effective communication amongst different cultures, groups, etc. We discussed that the same category of words, phrase, symbols, actions, and colors may mean different things to people of different countries or different cultural backgrounds. Poor listening can also be a significant communication barrier. This concept is especially important to me considering I work in an extremely diverse environment.
Below post from student required responses: Garylon Alexander Top of Form
Critical thinking will help me in the future. Not only what I have learned will help me throughout my schooling and the work that comes with it but it will also help me with my job also as I go through problems down the road. The critical thinking part of thinking proved to be helpful to me and it helped me to organize things in my daily routine.
One concept that I will take away is bias. This will help me with learning and how to make right choices based on the facts rather than emotional and bias.This will help me to set aside all the other stuff and look at all the other stuff from an angle.
The second concept is that problem solving will guide me taking my time to solve problems and this will allow me to explore all my future options before I make choices and decisions.