The warehouse manager thought a recent presentation on operations management was extremely valuable to the company. He now wants to shift the conversation to focus on the production process. He would like you to explain the key components of the production process to others in his department. He has asked you to create a memo that will be sent out to everyone in his department.
Draft a memo explaining to your production managers how effective the production process can be and how it could help to enhance profitability and stakeholder value for the company, including the following:
- Provide an overview of what a manufacturing process is and how it is organized.
- Explain why process thinking is important in operations management.
- Explain the concepts of setup time, utilization time, production scheduling, and bottlenecks in a simple manufacturing process and what the role of the operations manager is.
- Please include within this memo, a discussion on the value for an organization of potentially finding suppliers from across the globe as discussed in the video you watched in Unit 1. http://www.viddler.com/embed/7042139e/?f=1&player=…
- The memo should include a visual representation of an example process dominant layout and the advantages and disadvantage of such a layout should be provided. You may use the “Shape” or “SmartArt” options in Word for your illustration.