Post by Day 4 a brief description of an event/situation that has affected a macro community. Analyze the roles and/or skills that a forensic psychology professional could have provided the police professionals involved in your example, as well as an evaluation of the positive impact of these roles and/or skills. Be specific and support your analysis with references to the Learning Resources.
- Article: Daniels, J. A., Bradley, M. C., Cramer, D. P., Winkler, A. J., Kinebrew, K., & Crockett, D. (2007). The successful resolution of armed hostage/barricade events in schools: A qualitative analysis. Psychology in the Schools, 44(6), 601–613. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: Giles, H., Barker, V., Fortman, J., Dailey, R., Hajek, C., Anderson, M. C. (2005). Law enforcement and the public: The role of intergroup accommodations (Top three paper). Conference Papers—International Communication Association, 1–43. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Article: La Vigne, N. G., Solomon, A. L., Beckman, K. A., & Dedel, K. (2006). Prisoner reentry and community policing: Strategies for enhancing public safety. U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Community Oriented Policing Services and the Urban Institute, 1–28. Retrieved from http://www.urban.org/UploadedPDF/411061_COPS_reentry_monograph.pdf
(Please read pp. 1–28 only.)
- Article: Stix, G. (2009). Taming the madness of crowds. Scientific American, 300(3), 16. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- Government Document: Buslik, M. S. (2009). Not in my neighborhood: An essay on policing place (NCJ Publication No. 229230). Geography & Public Safety, 2(2), 3–6. Retrieved from http://www.nij.gov/topics/technology/maps/Documents/gps-bulletin-v2i2.pdf?Redirected=true