There is a 2-page maximum for this set of questions, so both clarity and conciseness in your responses will be necessary. You may use outside sources, and be sure to cite them according to Chicago style.
The Midterm Assignment consists of three questions:
The international borders of African countries are a legacy of colonialism.
- Describe the concept of a superimposed boundary.
- Describe three political or cultural consequences of superimposed boundaries in Africa.
- Identify and explain one challenge landlocked African countries face in developing viable economies.
General Instructions for Assignments and Rubrics
Your essay must follow standard essay formatting and structure as follows:
- Substantive introduction and conclusion that explicitly state the essay’s thesis (your argument) and summarize the paper
- Fully developed body with well-organized paragraphs, each containing one central idea with topic and concluding sentences
- Grammar-error free, i.e. no errors in syntax, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, etc.
- Double spaced, 1” margins, Times New Roman, size 12.
- Limit your quoting. Paraphrase in your own words and cite.
- Citations and bibliography are formatted in Chicago