YOU DO AN AWESOME JOB… JUST AS YOU ALWAYS DO.
TWO ASSIGNMENTS.. SEND THEM IN TOO DIFFERENT FILES IF POSSIBLE.
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fTS1ToseiE (Links to an external site.)“U.S. Education–The Perfect Storm”
Although the report presented in this video was presented in 2007, its conclusions are still very relevant.
1) Based on the video, what three trends, if continued, are expected to increase inequality and reduce the quality of life for the middle class?
2) According to the video, what must be done to give students hope for attending college?
3) What interventions are recommended, based on “common sense,” for giving students what they need to succeed in school?
4) Does your own experience in any educational setting (primary, secondary, or post-secondary) validate any of the information presented in the video? Based on your own educational experiences, can you identify any other hindrances (micro, middle, and/or macro level) to the educational advancement of children in the U.S.? Also, what recommendations would you make (on the micro, middle, and/or macro levels of society) for further promoting the educational advancement of children in the U.S.?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfgSEwjAeno (Links to an external site.)“Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Wealth Gap”
1) What is the main point of this video?
2) Why is “class warfare” mentioned?
3) Give a couple of statistics from the video related to the income/wealth gap.
4) Name a couple of economic policies that benefit the wealthy.
Paragraph Topic: React to this video from a personal perspective.