“Audience, Context, and Email” Please respond to the following:
- Being able to send appropriate, professional emails is a vital skill in today’s workplace. When considering audience and context, determine why it is so important to know to whom you are writing and for what specific purpose you are sending the email communication.
- Describe an example of a workplace or personal email communication in which the sender (you or someone else) did not pay close attention to audience and context. Ascertain the consequences. Determine how the miscommunication might have been avoided.
Assignment 1: Procedural Email Message
Due Week 2 and worth 140 points
Write a procedural email message to employees reminding them of standard operating procedures or organizational changes that take the form of step-by-step instructions. Be creative, or use an issue applicable to your work environment. (Example can be found on page 76, Figure 5.1, of the course text.)
The message should take the form of an email; however, you will submit your assignment to the online course shell.
The procedural message must adhere to the following requirements:
- Introduce the main idea of the message in a concise, informative manner.
- Itemize three to five (3-5) key points with detail.
- Provide information about where and to whom questions should be directed.
- Use a descriptive subject line or heading.
- Use bullets to separate ideas and simplify reading.
- Include an appropriate and professional greeting / salutation.
- Use email form including: To:, From:, Subject:, and Signature.
- Clarity / Mechanics:
- Ensure that there are no grammar or spelling errors.
- Ensure that there are no clarity, writing, and mechanical errors.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, single-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Submitting your assignment:
- Submit your assignment through the online course shell only.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Use writing process strategies to develop brief business documents, such as routine messages, bad news messages, and persuasive/sales messages.
- Support ideas or claims in body paragraphs with clear details, examples, and explanations.
- Organize ideas logically by using transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Use sentence variety and effective word choice in written communication.
- Write clearly and concisely using proper writing mechanics.
“Strayer Daily News” Please respond to the following:
- Watch the Strayer Daily News video from Cheddar shown below and respond to the question asked in the video. Please name both the title of the video and the title of the discussion question asked within the video in your post. Be sure to respond to the discussion post of at least one (1) of your peers. Note: videos are updated daily around 12pm and may be unavailable for approximately 20 minutes during this process.
Strayer Daily News from Cheddar on Vimeo. Missed Yesterday’s Video? Click here to watch previous videos. You will need to enter in the password “Strayer1” to view the videos. Note: This password is case-sensitive.