Drawing from your collective experiences in this course, address the following in a 3- to 4-paragraph post:
- What are the fundamental ingredients for bringing about positive and lasting change?
- Which two of Kotterâ€™s eight â€œTasks of Leadingâ€ listed in the Introduction to Week 5 do you believe are the most necessary for an organization to survive and thrive? Provide a rationale for your responses.
- Which one of the eight steps have you seen fail, or has been most often lacking, in your employment experience? What do you think might be the reason for this lack or failure?
In your post show evidence that you have considered:
- The works of the seminal organization theorists researched in Week 2
- The four organizational frames of Bolman and Deal (2017) you have now mastered (e.g., Which frames do your selections mirror?)
Support your statements with evidence from the required studies and your research. Cite and reference your sources in APA style.
Reframing Organizations: Artistry, Choice, and Leadership (Bolman & Deal, 2017)
- There is no required reading in the course text this week. You are encouraged to review the readings for Weeks 1-4 for relevant citations to use in your final course paper and to make connections to your final discussion post.
- The 8-Step Process for Leading Change (Kotter International, n.d.) [Web page]
- The Heart of Change (Kotter, 2011) [Video] [Closed captioned]
Watch Video John Kotter – The Heart of Change Duration: 5:19