Write a 2â€“3 page article on interpersonal conflict. Define conflict and explain how communication behaviors and individual differences contribute to interpersonal conflict. Recommend a strategy for resolving interpersonal conflict.
Conflict is part of our daily lives. Preparing yourself with the needed skills to handle conflict enhances your interpersonal skills and relationships. To understand conflict, you must begin by knowing what it is and how it affects your life.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Apply theoretical perspectives on conflict.
- Define conflict.
- Describe communication behaviors that can lead to conflict.
- Competency 3: Apply appropriate strategies to reduce or resolve conflicts.
- Recommend a strategy to resolve interpersonal conflict.
- Competency 4: Analyze the impact of conflict on relationship building in face-to-face, virtual, cyber, and group communication.
- Explain how communication behaviors affect interpersonal relationships.
- Explain how individual differences contribute to interpersonal conflict.
- Competency 6: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate APA format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.