I will be acting as an occupational safety and health manager for a A & P mechanics shop conducting maintenance on small jet aircraft.
For this research project, you need to provide the framework for the program you would like to implement (i.e., scaffolding safety for a construction crew or ergonomics for the office). You will be required to discuss management/employee buy-in, core program elements needed, training requirements for both supervisors and employees, any related up-front costs, industry accident statistics (or other important statistics), cost savings, increases/decreases in productivity, and when/how you plan to implement the program.
This is intended to be the framework for program implementation. Do not create the entire program. Think of this paper as the brief document you will provide to upper-level management.
You are answering the following questions:
- Why do you need a safety program? Include industry accident statistics, workers compensation costs, etc. Be brief.
- What programs do you need and why (regulation/moral/legal reasons)? Be brief.
- How do you intend to provide training? Classroom, on-site, supervisor-based, online, or blended? Briefly explain why this will be an effective method.
- How do you intend to get employees to buy in (awards system, employee involvement methods, enforcement)?
- Miscellaneous information that you think will be pertinent to your program. This could be involvement in a safety management system, safety contractors, collateral duty efforts, advertising your program, etc.
Half the work is done from a previous question posted here.
Your writing requirement is to submit a approximately 1500-2000 words), double-spaced (body only, not including cover, abstract, and references), and written in the current APA style format.
Your paper will automatically be evaluated through Turnitin when you submit your assignment in this activity. Turnitin is a service that checks your work for improper citation or potential plagiarism by comparing it against a database of web pages, student papers, and articles from academic books and publications. Ensure that your work is entirely your own and that you have not plagiarized any material!